- AQUA airdrop is up to take place mid january 2022.
- Eligible Users need to have at least 500 XLM or at least 1 AQUA.
- This Airdrop will be thrice more prominent than the first one in which more than 1.35 billion users have claimed their Tokens.
Aquarius is a protocol designed to supercharge trading on Stellar, bring more liquidity to it, and control how it is distributed through various market pairs. Apart from being a liquidity management layer, Aquarius can also be used and adopted by any project in the Stellar ecosystem, which is a decentralised system for trading any type of Currency.
AQUA is the token used by Aquarius as a currency for governance and rewards throughout the project. Participants of on-chain voting, market-making etc are rewarded by these Aquarius tokens. AQUA plays an important role in the projects on the Stellar ecosystem also, as it increases liquidity.
If we talk about the distribution of AQUA tokens, most of them are reserved for the market makers and liquidity providers as rewards. 20% of the supply is reserved for airdrops to the stellar community. 5% of the total AQUA supply was allocated to the first Airdrop which took place in August 2020 and will end in January 2022. It was focused on the early users of the Stellar DEX and helped in boosting the network.
Meanwhile, a Second Airdrop was announced a couple of months ago, which will be starting on January 15, 2022, which is said to be thrice times bigger than the first one as 15% AQUA Tokens are allocated for the Airdrop this time, the unclaimed tokens will go to DAO fund. The AQUA tokens will be distributed to the Stellar Lumen(XLM) Token holders.
The few things to be noted down in this AQUA Airdrop are:
- A snapshot will be taken of the Stellar network on January 15, 2022, at 00:00:00 UTC.
- Distribution will be made using claimable balance payments on the Stellar Network.
- Once the distribution starts, it will continue for 36 months.
- Any Stellar wallet is supported. Though, some exchanges might not support this Airdrop.
- A balance of 500 XLM or 1 AQUA token is a must-have for the eligible users.
Every eligible user will receive a share of 15 billion AQUA Tokens and the pool will be split between the participants in proportion to their balances at the time of the snapshot. Hence, the number of AQUA you’ll receive will depend upon your balances as well as the number of participants and their balances.
Because there might be a possibility of not all exchanges participating in this Airdrop, it would be good to check once with your exchange about it. This is said to be the final Airdrop event for Aquarius, and it seems to be a great opportunity to claim free AQUA Tokens not only because the allocation of Tokens is thrice more than the ones allocated during the First Airdrop but also because the Stellar users had plenty of time to prepare for it.